Friday, April 27, 2012


Sharing Testimony...

 "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19


Can I share a testimony with you? 

All of us need to look back periodically and see how God is moving in our lives. 

My encouragement today is...

“Don’t leave it there! Make sure you share the testimony (your testimony is more than your salvation story) God is giving you with others.”

Got praise? Share your testimony.
Struggling? Share your testimony.
Blessings? Share your testimony.

"Then you shall answer them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. And these stones shall be for a memorial to the children of Israel forever." Joshua 4:7  

Let’s pause here for a quick moment. Do you know the definition of blessing?

A blessing is anything that brings you closer to God.

Go back and read that definition, “anything that brings you closer to God”. 
This means, whether we think of it as a bad thing or a good thing, if it is bringing you closer to God than it qualifies as a blessing.

Okay! Now, that we have that clarified back to the testimony.

 Many of you readers and friends of this blog know that my Sweetie and I made a move last October (You can read more about that in past postings click here). After this move, God gave me a seasonal part-time job at a local Christian bookstore. This position continued on after the season and I became eligible to opt-in to their insurance program.

My Sweetie!!!

Do you realize how much of a praise it is for a part-time employee to have insurance available to them?

Well, the price was right and I opted in. Duh? It was a no-brainer… considering I have been uninsured for years. It is hard for a small business owner, which I am, to get affordable insurance. Little did I know what was on the horizon, but my loving Father did.

Long story short, the insurance became effective. Not long after, I started experiencing some health issues. Doctor visits and tests determined surgery would be needed. After all those years with no insurance…isn’t God's timing amazing. 
Don’t start the Hallelujahs just yet, I haven’t told you the truly amazing part.

My part-time job ended unexpectedly. Where did this leave my upcoming surgery? The doctor went forward with scheduling the surgery. We had no idea what was happening with the insurance from the part-time job. The company said my insurance would end on my last day of work in March. We knew that COBRA would be made available, but had no idea if we could even afford the payments.

Enter Jehovah-Jireh, my provider. 
We just got the COBRA enrollment information and the payment is about $10.00 more than I was paying while working.

Yes, you read that correctly it is only $10.00 more for me to keep the insurance for my surgery.

Are you shouting Hallelujah? We sure were.

"Hallelujah"
A sculpture by Ken Smith

 We understand the insurance is limited and we will most likely pay for part of my surgery. 
However, even having the insurance means the surgery should cost less. Why? 
Because when you have insurance, the doctor’s, hospitals, etc give discounted rates for their services.

Plus, I have a Savior who will take care of me no matter what.

Are you sharing your testimony with others? 
Share with others today, you an even do it in the comment section if you want.



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net