Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year and My One Word 2014...

Goodbye to Christmas 2013
As we say "Goodbye to Christmas 2013", lets not pack Jesus away with all the Christmas decorations. 
We must remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season but He is not only available to us during the Christmas Season. He is available and wants to have relationship with us each and every day. 

Stepping into 2014, I want to say, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
May this journey be one of many blessings for each of you.

At the beginning of a new year, it is always good to look at the previous year. 
Jesus is with us every day and we just need to look for Him.
  
My One Word in 2013 was Diligent. 
Diligent would become a reality as we:

~ Rebuilt my parent's home
~Walked with Mom through heart stint surgery
~ Continued to build photography skills
~ Worked my way through two injuries (on the same little toe)

My One Word for 2014 is RESPECT.

God has shown me that I don't understand RESPECT. 
As with each word, this will be a journey. 
However, God has shown me (yes, already by January 4th)
 that this journey with RESPECT will require quite a bit of refining in me. 

"If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if His love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand."
Philippians 2:1-4 The Message

May you have a blessed New Year. 

What is your One Word for 2014? 
Don't have a word and want to know more? 
Check out My One Word below:

1 comment:

  1. My word is STILL. God wants me to be still before Him and focus on His voice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net