It has been three days since returning from She Speaks 2012.
Upon arriving on Friday afternoon, it was a 6 hour drive from Virginia, I checked into the hotel and the conference registration table. I went to my room to change out of my driving clothes and actually thought this is too overwhelming. See, there were 650+ women all descending upon the Embassy Suites in Charlotte, NC.
The thought crossed my mind, "I just want to leave. I can't do this." However, the following thought immediately came, "I can't let down the people who believed in me and raised the monies for me to attend." With this second thought, I sat down on the couch and had a talk with my Abba.
Here are a few of the highlights of this past weekend:
- Martha Cullison Miller praying with me. Thanks Martha!
- Meeting and hugging the necks of many of my SS Sisters from online (I didn't get to see everyone there just wasn't enough time). It became like the game of "Where's Waldo" at She Speaks. One example: Not meeting Dana Pittman from Purpose Writing Group until the last worship session on Sunday morning. I was a few minutes late, came in with Rachel Washington and found seats. Lo and behold, the woman I sat beside was no other than Dana Pittman!
- Having dinner with Suzanne Woods Fisher: She has such a sweet spirit. Check out her Amish fiction books here.
- Glynnis helping me understand on Saturday night that I need to be completely healed before God can use what happened to me. Thanks Glynnis and her friend, Danita talking to me before heading to bed on Saturday night.
- Hearing great speakers and teachers. Whitney Capps: I have tons of notes from your talk on Sunday morning.
- Having Julie Sunne for a roomie. God took two complete opposites and put them together. He has a wonderful sense of humor and we got along wonderfully.
- Getting to sit with Liz Curtis Higgs and seeing how humble she is with all the knowledge God has given her. She spent 5 years in the book of Ruth. I actually bought her new book, "The Girl's Still Got It" and had her sign it. Thanks Miss Liz for showing me that I do miss teaching.
I am sure there will be many "Ah-Ha" moments as my, menopausal & tired brain continues to process the tons of wonderful information poured in this weekend at She Speaks. She Speaks was a big step for me. I know that God still has a purpose for me. I just need to seek Him to see how my teaching will look now. It will be different for I am different than I was a mere year ago. I am just thankful God is not done with me yet.
On another front, I am doing a give-away. I will be giving away a copy of Tom Davis' book, "Red Letters".
To enter complete one of the following two steps:
You can do both if you want to :-)
- Click in the box on the right margin to follow my blog through Networked Blogs.
- Leave a comment on this blog.
It is that simple!
We will be picking a winner on Saturday, July 28th.
I have been looking at that book by Liz Curtis Higgs at work..I think I may buy that one!ReplyDelete
Miss Liz was awesome. She is so humble and gracious. It was amazing to meet her. She even answered my email after I got back home. I overheard her telling another lady that she personally reads and answers her emails.
My first time at SS, too! I had never experienced Liz's work before and every word was such a blessing! I look forward to the move of God for all of us!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by today. I am anticipating the move God has for each of us too. The main thing for me to remember is He is a creative God and it will not look the same for all of us.Delete
I am so glad that God brought you into my life and that you were able to go to She Speaks this year. Looking forward to hearing all that God is going to do through you!ReplyDelete
Thanks Heather. It is a true blessing that God has brought us together in the same city.Delete
You are such a blessing of encouragement and a strong woman of faith. I am a better woman for meeting you, Dawn. Thank you for your influence in my life!ReplyDelete
I am going to be able to say, "I met Nicole at She Speaks back in 2012" when you are speaking to tons of women and encouraging them.Delete
Dawn, I'm so glad we got to meet at She Speaks, even if just briefly while waiting in line for Liz :)ReplyDelete
Zohary it was a great pleasure to meet with you too also.Delete
So enjoyed meeting you this weekend. I pray God blesses you on your endeavors! Tom Davis was the bomb!ReplyDelete
Which Tom Davis sessions did you get to participate in? It was a joy meeting you too.Delete