It has been three days since returning from She Speaks 2012.
Upon arriving on Friday afternoon, it was a 6 hour drive from Virginia, I checked into the hotel and the conference registration table. I went to my room to change out of my driving clothes and actually thought this is too overwhelming. See, there were 650+ women all descending upon the Embassy Suites in Charlotte, NC.
The thought crossed my mind, "I just want to leave. I can't do this." However, the following thought immediately came, "I can't let down the people who believed in me and raised the monies for me to attend." With this second thought, I sat down on the couch and had a talk with my Abba.
Here are a few of the highlights of this past weekend:
- Martha Cullison Miller praying with me. Thanks Martha!
- Meeting and hugging the necks of many of my SS Sisters from online (I didn't get to see everyone there just wasn't enough time). It became like the game of "Where's Waldo" at She Speaks. One example: Not meeting Dana Pittman from Purpose Writing Group until the last worship session on Sunday morning. I was a few minutes late, came in with Rachel Washington and found seats. Lo and behold, the woman I sat beside was no other than Dana Pittman!
- Having dinner with Suzanne Woods Fisher: She has such a sweet spirit. Check out her Amish fiction books here.
- Glynnis helping me understand on Saturday night that I need to be completely healed before God can use what happened to me. Thanks Glynnis and her friend, Danita talking to me before heading to bed on Saturday night.
- Hearing great speakers and teachers. Whitney Capps: I have tons of notes from your talk on Sunday morning.
- Having Julie Sunne for a roomie. God took two complete opposites and put them together. He has a wonderful sense of humor and we got along wonderfully.
- Getting to sit with Liz Curtis Higgs and seeing how humble she is with all the knowledge God has given her. She spent 5 years in the book of Ruth. I actually bought her new book, "The Girl's Still Got It" and had her sign it. Thanks Miss Liz for showing me that I do miss teaching.
I am sure there will be many "Ah-Ha" moments as my, menopausal & tired brain continues to process the tons of wonderful information poured in this weekend at She Speaks. She Speaks was a big step for me. I know that God still has a purpose for me. I just need to seek Him to see how my teaching will look now. It will be different for I am different than I was a mere year ago. I am just thankful God is not done with me yet.
On another front, I am doing a give-away. I will be giving away a copy of Tom Davis' book, "Red Letters".
To enter complete one of the following two steps:
You can do both if you want to :-)
- Click in the box on the right margin to follow my blog through Networked Blogs.
- Leave a comment on this blog.
It is that simple!
We will be picking a winner on Saturday, July 28th.