Friday, April 15, 2011

Galatians 6:9 has been on my heart....

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." 


"Let us not grow weary" and "if we do not lose heart." I keep going back to "if we do not lose heart." I challenge myself all the time with the questions, "Who am I doing this for?" "Is it to please man or God?" "Is it my own agenda?" Then the tough part comes, when I must be willing to answer each of these questions with the different things happening in my life. I propose that if I can say that I am doing (whatever it is) for God alone and to please Him with His agenda then I normally do not lose heart. 


Don't get me wrong this doesn't mean that I am never discouraged. I do get discouraged but the difference is not losing heart. To me losing heart is coming to the point of discouragement where we "throw in the towel" and call it quits.


Right now, I am trusting God for the finances of an event that is happening in June. I can honestly say this event was not my idea it was God's plan. Those of us involved are doing it for God and His Kingdom. We are being obedient in preparing this event to please God not man. Plus, this event is NOT my agenda. Things would look different (I would have rushed things on my time table) if it was my agenda yet, cause I am walking in the realm of God's mysterious Grace for the whole event to come together I can confidently say that God is in control. 


Thank you Jesus for bringing this event to fruition and for teaching those involved how to trust You more and more each and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net