Tuesday, July 27, 2010

School of Hard Knocks…

Some of us have attended the School of Hard Knocks (SHK) in our lifetime. The one thing, we who have attended want to do is keep our loved ones from attending. However, if we try to control every aspect of their life and keep them from attending SHK are we truly trusting God.

He wants us to trust Him with all things and that means our loved ones too. No…I don’t want to see my family and loved ones head to SHK. Nevertheless, my job is to tell them that sin is only pleasurable for a short time span and the repercussions can last for a lifetime. Then I must pray for them and trust my Loving Savior knows what is going on.

I have loved ones that don’t know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Believe me, when we have heartbreak and tears over our loved one’s decisions just remember that Jesus hurts for them more than we could ever imagine.

God made this so real for me about two years ago. I know a young woman who has decided to walk away from God. It hurt to see her make such wrong decisions. One day, I was crying out  to God for this young woman telling God I couldn’t take the pain in my heart. God spoke to me gently but firmly and said, “The pain you feel for ______ is not even a pinch for how my heart breaks over her. You would not be able to handle my heartbreak and tears they would overwhelm you.” I realized right then that God loved her more than I ever could and when I cry for her it is only a slight drizzle compared to the downpour God has cried for her.

Keep holding tight to Jesus and knowing that He is working out the details even when we can’t see Him.

Psalm 56:8, “You number my wanderings; put my tears in Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?”

I encourage you to check out my friend’s blog:

http://simplygelisblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net