Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Horse Antics and Focus...

Photo Credit: Dew Photography

I like the above picture. Yes, I readily admit it is not the best picture from a photographic standpoint. 
There are many things that could have been done to improve it...exposure setting being only one. 
Yet, I still like it. The reason why? 

Because the horse didn't care about my photographic intentions. He was a fiesty fella. He kept sticking his tongue out at me and putting on a real show. There were three horses in this fenced area but this fellow wanted, NO DEMANDED, the attention. If one of the other horses came near, he would charge at them and even try to nip at their rear to move them along. 

Even with all his antics, it was not easy to get this shot with his tongue stuck out. Yes, he kept doing it but even this was a game for him. Thank God for continuous shooting on my camera. :-)

While preparing for this week's blog, I have had many things running through my head.  

~ Prayers for blogging friends walking through rough things. 
~ Stepping out in new areas such as leading the Philippians Online Bible Study  
~ The desire to take more photographs and have people see God through a camera lens
~ Preparing for my Sweetie to go to early morning day shift after working night shift for years

Some of it has been pretty heavy stuff. 

Then while looking for pics in my folders for this week's blog,  I saw the picture of Mr. Antic Horse and had to smile. Why? Because at times, I can be just like Mr. Antic Horse. 

I WANT ALL THE ATTENTION!

But, that is not how it is suppose to be. 

Today, I am grateful for a God who helps me see others and reminds me through a picture where my focus should be. Focus is My One Word for 2012.  Even though, I have joked on FB that with all the change in my life in past year, maybe God got my one word wrong. 
It is apparent from today's lesson...God knew what He was doing. 
This realization gets one big...DUH DAWN.  :-) :-)

"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." Philippians 1:6

My mind wanders back to this verse a lot lately, partly because of preparation for the Philippians Online Bible Study. However, we also know nothing in God's kingdom is by chance. He knew my need for the constant reminder of this verse at this particular life juncture. Ain't God amazing?

Now it is your turn:
How has God used pictures (music, books, etc...) to refocus your thought pattern? 
Share a DUH moment with us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net