Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Two years...A Reflection



"I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me."
Proverbs 8:17

August marks two years since I have been in VA, after being in NC for fourteen years. 
With the two year mark of being here it had me reflecting through the last two years. 
Here are some of my reflections...

 Things which made it feel as if the two years flew by: 

~ A year (in September) since my Dr gave me the green light to go and live life after major surgery on 45th birthday in 2012. 

~ Finally getting our house in NC rented in July of 2013. 
This was more complicated than we thought. The house had to be brought up to code before people could move in. As the original owners, when we lived in it, the new codes didn't apply. 




~ Overseeing the rebuild of my parents' house for 4 months at the beginning of 2013. We are still working on the insurance stuff as I write this and some minor issues with the rebuild. 

Things which made the two years feel it moved at a snail's pace:

~ My work in progress. It was started in 2012 but I became overwhelmed when a loving critique group critiqued it. It wasn't their suggestions that did me in but the format we chose for our critiques. I ended up with 7 different Word documents with each sweet ladies suggestions. 



~My photography. This has to be in God's timing not mine. He is the one who laid it on my heart. 
However, must admit to being human and being impatient. Impatient, more often than I want to admit. He is teaching me about "DILIGENCE" (My One Word) through this endeavor. 



Then there are the highlights & blessings from the last two years:

~Attending She Speaks in 2012 and meeting Liz Curtis Higgs

~ Seeing Needtobreathe in 2012

~ Celebrating 25 years of marriage to my Sweetie

~My first photography show at Carme Espresso in 2013

~ Having work in the 2013 Fredericksburg Fine Arts Show



~ Our daughter's Teacher Commissioning in February 2013
 & her  graduation from Campbell University in May 2013.

~Having the privilege to create a video for "Colton Rusk" a Fallen Marine 

God has been faithful as He always is during the last two years. He takes care of my family and I. 
He gives us mercy, love and grace each day. Even on the days, I blow it...especially on those days.

My prayer is to be able to serve Him to my fullest ability in whatever adventures He has planned for the next two, five, or even twenty years. 

Thanks for being a part of this community!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net