Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year....


What does one do when they are facing the end of a year? Some make resolutions such as:

  • Weight Loss
  • Organizing their home, family, etc...
  • Financial promises
  • Quit Smoking
Some are even "spiritual":

  • Reading the bible in a year
  • Having a quiet time each day
  • Praying for one hour each day
  • Going to church
  • Etc, etc, etc....
We get the 'gist of resolution making. However, how many ever follow through with these resolutions? Not many....there was even a cartoon that said, "What are resolutions?" The response, "A to-do list for the first week of January!" That is typically how long resolutions last, the first week of January if they make it that long. What is it about a New Year and wanting to start fresh? No answers here....

So, instead of a bunch of resolutions that we will not stick with. This blog is going to share a website that gives an alternative (http://myoneword.org) "My One Word". My One Word's website describes how we each make resolutions we never keep, but they go a step further and help us do something different. Go to http://myoneword.org/choose) to see how to determine a word for yourself.

As for me, I am still pondering and praying about two different words. God hasn't revealed to me which of these two words is my word for 2012 quite yet. I am praying that by the end of the first week of 2012, He will show me my word.

A few people, in my social media sphere, have been doing this for a few years and it has been interesting and at times entertaining to watch them grow with their "word".

Share your word and as soon as mine is clarified I will share mine.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net