Thursday, January 31, 2013

Immediate Answers from God...



"Lord, I don't want to say I read through the Bible in a year chronologically but not be closer to you. Don't let it be about crossing off a to-do list, without being brought closer to You."

God answered my prayer. 
Why does it still astonish me when He immediately answers...
Why do I doubt Him answering...
These are just a few of the ways My Savior is still working on me. 

I shared on my personal FB that God showed me a part of Job, 
which had not been fully comprehended before and today I share with you.  

 "Then the wrath of Elihu, the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram, was aroused against Job; his wrath was aroused because he justified himself rather than God.  Also against his three friends his wrath was aroused, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job."
Job 32:2-3 (emphasis on 'wrath' mine)

The word, wrath, jumped out at me. Elihu had not spoken until know. Remember he starts by saying, "he was young" we all can normally recall that part of his speech. Yet, wrath not so much. What does wrath mean? Also, wasn't God the only one in which the word, wrath is normally used?

Dictionary.com defies it as a strong, stern, and fierce anger. What caused Elihu to have such anger?
It was two things, according to verse 2 & 3:

~ He had wrath against Job, who justified himself rather than God
~ He had wrath against Job's friends for finding no answer. Yet, condemning Job

Have you been in either of these places? Where you justified your actions instead of God? 

Things such as: 

~ If God had been there I wouldn't have fallen into that temptation
~ God didn't stop me therefore, God is to blame

Or have you been condemned by others even though they had no answer for your trials?

~ Like Job's friends, stating their must be guilt or sin for you to be in such a trial
~ Or being told you didn't have enough faith to bring you through

We could list many more but I believe we get the gist. Elihu was "aroused to wrath" but what did he do with his wrath? This is where our journey takes us next...

I thank God for answering my prayer immediately. Share in the comments how God immediately answered a prayer for you. This is a community and we love to interact with each of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment and showing love to this blog.

In Christ,
Dawn
dawn.whitmore@comcast.net